Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

New Forum design - hard to read text of topic

ZlamalJakub
New Contributor III

I have problems to read topics in the new forum design. I am using Firefox 15.0 browser.

All forum looks like in the fog. Font of the text of topic is not black but gray so it is difficult to read to me.

Is there any possibility to change forum appearance (in user preferences)?

0 Kudos
49 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
I had no problem with the new fonts, having made the FF font selections larger prior to the FF15 upgrade. For ff15/Windows, options>options>content>default font. I do have to tinker with the screen resolution when I switch my Windows laptop to a monitor.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There is no user customization of this, but I will pass on your complaint (which I agree with).
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

Quba wrote:

I have problems to read topics in the new forum design. I am using Firefox 15.0 browser.

All forum looks like in the fog. Font of the text of topic is not black but gray so it is difficult to read to me.

Is there any possibility to change forum appearance (in user preferences)?

I absolutely agree that a gray-on-white combination is not the best. It is very difficult to read. Steve, There are lots of issues with the new design and I think it has to be taken seriously. The Internet-Search-Integrity of thousand of posts on Intel Forums is destroyed. Some old links cached by Google don't work any longer! Many Forum posts are simply disappeared! It is significantly slower now! Best regards, Sergey

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II
Further to the gray-on-white issues - the quoted text, gray-on-gray is also a problem. thanks, David
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
My tests, done before this forum went live, showed that old links continued to work, redirecting to the new URL. I will check this again and file a report if that doesn't happen.
0 Kudos
Les_Neilson
Valued Contributor II
Steve, Another observation. The old system numbered the replies and a reply indicated which number it was a reply to. I don't know about others but I found it useful. P.S. I seem to have lost my photo taken from the days when I was young and handsome :-( Les
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
I cannot even submit any answers,because of anti-spam filter is blocking my posts.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
iliyapolak, I can see this reply. Are you still seeing a problem here?
0 Kudos
Paul_Curtis
Valued Contributor I
ditto other comments: 1) grey text very hard to read, pls change to black 2) does not preserve login (Firefox, cookies enabled) 3) supported upload file types do not include .for and .f90 (!!!)
0 Kudos
David_DiLaura
Beginner
Yes, and what happened to paragraph marks? Line feeds and paragraphs are typed, but they don't appear to be used when the text appears on the Forum. If you look at all the postings on the forum, there are no paragraph formatting (that is, empty lines) Yes, and what happened to the spell checker? Communicating is hard enough without a geek having to worry about his grammatical pants being pulled down. Yes, and what happened to the hit/read count that accompanied each topic? That was interesting information.
0 Kudos
Manishg440
Beginner
I had no problem with new font and new,according to me now it's looks batter then last.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
The font color has been fixed (except in the box where you type in comments, I see. The paragraph problem has also been reported.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Steve, Did you have a chance to discuss / escalate performance issues with the new portal? We shortly discussed it already. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Sergey PS: I'll provide more technical details regarding performance issues later...
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sergey, I've been traveling continuously since we chatted and have not yet had the chance to discuss your comments with the IDZ team. That said, I am not seeing performance issues - at least not any worse than the old forums - so please do provide some details if you can.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II

sblionel wrote:

Sergey, I've been traveling continuously since we chatted and have not yet had the chance to discuss your comments with the IDZ team. That said, I am not seeing performance issues - at least not any worse than the old forums - so please do provide some details if you can.

... Here are steps to reproduce: ... - Launch Internet Explorer - Select in menu: Tools -> Internet Options -> Press 'Select' button in 'Change how webpages are displayed in tabs.' -> Disable a checkbox 'EnableTabbed Browsing (...)' - Open Windows Task Manager and select a 'Processes' property page ( click on a 1st column to order by name all running applications ) - Select a forum on the IDZ and try to open as many as possible posts, for example 20 or 30, by using right click and then 'Open in New Window'. So, every post should be displayed in its own IE (!) - When all Internet Explorers loaded content CPU(s) utilization ( CPU column ) is NOT zero and something is continuously executed (!) and it affects the whole system ... I think it is related to a new editor control since there wasn't any network related transfers ( could be easily verified on 'Networking' property page of Windows Task Manager ) when I tested it. Also, a cursor in the editor control is not blinking like in a Windows Notebook, for example, and it is displayed almost continuously. ... Best regards, Sergey

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
That seems to be more a test of starting IE than the forum. Perhaps there is more JavaScript being loaded, but once loaded in a browser session it should be cached. I find that actual forum use (reading, posting) is usually faster now than in the old forums, where it could often take a minute or more for a page to update.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...That seems to be more a test of starting IE than the forum. ___ No. As I already told something goes wrong with a new Edit control ( it could be also related to something else... ). >>...Perhaps there is more JavaScript being loaded, but once loaded in a browser session it should be cached. ___ It is not related to caching. It looks like there is a "crazy loop" in some Jscript and it affects overall performance of the system when many IEs loaded.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>iliyapolak, I can see this reply. Are you still seeing a problem here?>> Steve Lionel! Sorry for my late answer to your question.Now everything related to sending new posts seems to be ok. But there are still some issues for example how can i make a privete post.
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...how can i make a privete post... >>... Hi Iliya, It looks like it is not allowed any longer and a 'Send Author A Message' functionality has to be used instead. Best regards, Sergey
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I
>>..Hi Iliya, It looks like it is not allowed any longer and a 'Send Author A Message' functionality has to be used instead.>> Thank you Sergey.
0 Kudos