Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

New warnings from 11.1.051

bbradley
Beginner
After installing the latest IA-32 compiler, the re-build caught me an a few minor issues which I fixed, but the link gave me a bunch of warnings, as an example:

"1>Release/HOMRPT.obj:warning : locally defined symbol __imp__CHECK_CEILING_HT@16 imported
"
Farther down:
1>HOMRPT.obj : warning LNK4217: locally defined symbol _CHECK_CEILING_HT@16 imported in function _UPGRPT

This came from:
" Subroutine Check_Ceiling_Ht ( WarnUser, CeilingHt, DefaultHt,
x HeightOK )
!MS$ATTRIBUTES DLLEXPORT :: Check_Ceiling_Ht
c
c Check the input height of highest ceiling. If it is more than 0.5 m
c below the height estimated from the floor and header heights,
c set HeightOK to false. Issue a warning message box if requested.
c
c WarnUser - Input logical, set True if message box to be issued
c CeilingHt - User input ht of highest ceiling m or ft
c DefaultHt - Output Calculated default ceiling ht. m or ft.
c HeightOK - Output True if user input ht is OK.
c
c
Implicit None
Real CeilingHt, DefaultHt
Logical WarnUser, HeightOK
c
... and so on"

What needs to be added to make these and many others go away ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

These warnings are harmless and are not new. They will happen typically when you have a module with DLLEXPORT directives in the routines and you USE the module in the DLL. You can make them go away by adding 4217 to the list of linker diagnostics to ignore in the Linker property pages.
0 Kudos
bbradley
Beginner

Sorry, I was not able to find a place in the Linker property pages to suppress this warning. I looked in General, Input, Debug, System, Advanced. I also looked in the other tabs, but these did not appear to be relevant.

Thanks.

P.S. The Optimization tab has one item that is probably obsolete, "Optimize for Windows 98". But W98 is no longer supported. Is the Default still OK to use here ?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I guess there is no property for it. Add /ignore:4217 under Linker > Command Line.

That "Optimize for Windows 98" option aligns the code on 4KB boundaries, which is goodness no matter what.
0 Kudos