Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

No license for old compiler using trial

Farzin_m_
Beginner

Dear Steve

I downloaded a 30-day trial version of Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE 2013 SP1 Update 6 to link with Abaqus 2016 as a subroutine compiler, and I am getting a licensing error when trying to run ifort.  

Analysis initiated from SIMULIA established products
Abaqus JOB std_user
Abaqus 3DEXPERIENCE R2016x
Abaqus License Manager checked out the following licenses:
Abaqus/Standard checked out 5 tokens from Flexnet server 10.2.116.11.
<26 out of 31 licenses remain available>.
Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
3/22/2016 5:05:52 PM

Error: A license for FCompW is not available (-157,424).

License file(s) used were (in this order):

1.  Trusted Storage
    2.  C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Licenses\*.lic
    3.  C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\Licenses
    4.  C:\PROGRA~2\Intel\COMPOS~1\bin\intel64\*.lic

Please visit http://software.intel.com/sites/support/ if you require technical assistance.

ifort: error #10052: could not checkout FLEXlm license
Abaqus Error: Problem during compilation - std_user.for
Abaqus/Analysis exited with errors

In fact, I want to be ensure that this version of Visual Fortran is compatible with Abaqus 2016, then I wil  purchase 6 Academic license.

Therefore, I will be grateful if you:

First, send me a temporary serial number to run some simple simulation and being ensure about their compatibility.

Second, let me know what is the usual procedure of purchasing academic license.

Tq.

Farzin

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Farzin,

From where did you get a trial version of the 2013 SP1 compiler? 

Please download and install the trial of the XE 2016 product and use that with Abaqus. There is no reason to use an old, unsupported compiler.

0 Kudos
Farzin_m_
Beginner

Dear Steve

I am using this version of compiler because Abaqus advise this version of the compiler and actually I am not sure that whether XE 2016 is compatible or not?

But, now, based on your suggestion I will download it and check.

Tq

Farzin

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Abaqus (MathWorks) hasn't updated their compatibility information. You should not have trouble using a newer compiler as long as you set up the command line environment correctly.

0 Kudos
Farzin_m_
Beginner

Dear Steve,

Could you please, let me know where can I find the "ifortvars.bat" in the "Parallel Studio XE 2016 Initial release Composer Edition"?

Tq.

Farzin

0 Kudos
Farzin_m_
Beginner

Dear Steve,

After linking I got this error:

Analysis initiated from SIMULIA established products
Abaqus JOB std_user
Abaqus 3DEXPERIENCE R2016x
Abaqus License Manager checked out the following licenses:
Begin Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
3/23/2016 3:47:30 PM
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Intel(R) 64 Compiler for applications running on Intel(R) 64, Version 16.0.2.180 Build 20160204
Copyright (C) 1985-2016 Intel Corporation.  All rights reserved.

ifort: NOTE: The evaluation period for this product ends on 22-apr-2016 UTC.
End Compiling Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
Begin Linking Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines
   Creating library standardU.lib and object standardU.exp
standardU_static.lib(SMAStsStdU_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_printf referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
standardU_static.lib(SMAStsStdU_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_getenv referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
standardU_static.lib(SMAStsStdU_IF.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__putenv referenced in function "void __cdecl SMABasOmniSetSSELevel(void)" (?SMABasOmniSetSSELevel@@YAXXZ)
standardU_static.lib(ufluidpipefriction.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(umat_sst.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(uxfemnonlocalweight.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(uanisohyper_inv.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(uanisohyper_strain.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(ufluidconnectorloss.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU_static.lib(ufluidconnectorvalve.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol memmove
standardU.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 4 unresolved externals
Abaqus Error: Problem during linking - Abaqus/Standard User Subroutines.
  This error may be due to a mismatch in the Abaqus user subroutine arguments.
  These arguments sometimes change from release to release, so user subroutines
  used with a previous release of Abaqus may need to be adjusted.
Abaqus/Analysis exited with errors

Any help will be appreciated.

Tq.

Farzin

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

ifortvars..bat is in C:\Program Files (x86)\IntelSWTools\compilers_and_libraries\windows\bin

Those unresolved references are from Abaqus. You'll need to ask Abaqus support how you are supposed to link.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Abaqus no doubt has objects which require that ifort be installed against a full Visual Studio in order to supply the libraries needed to link.  If you didn't pay attention to the Visual Studio requirements quoted by Abaqus, you may need to install that and repair your ifort installation.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Tim's reply made me realize that the missing routines are in the MSVC library, not in Abaqus though the references are coming from Abaqus. The command Abaqus uses to link is not visible here so I don't know how they specify which libraries should be searched.

0 Kudos
Regis_V_
Beginner

Steve,

I am having a similar issue as the original author, Farzin. Specifically I am using SINDA/FLUINT and have recently updated to XE 2016. My concern is that the latest SINDA program, I believe version 5.8, is compatible with XE 2016 and the version I am using (more so stuck with) is, version 5.7, is not. After speaking with technical support from CR Tech, I have found that version 5.7 is, in fact, not compatible with XE 2016. Without the support from SINDA I feel that I must resort to an older version of Visual Fortran (before the update I was running 12.1 with no issue). There is no option to upgrade SINDA at this time as the customer I am working with is a generation behind and I can only back-save one generation.

What I am asking is if there is a way I can install Visual Fortran 12.1 and use the same serial license number as I have for XE 2016? If so, where can I find the install package?

If you're curious about the compatibility issue, SINDA is attempting to link to certain libraries that it cannot find. Common errors are LNK2001 and LNK2019.

I've been reading through these forums and find that your expertise is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help!

- Regis

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Regis, your problem is different as you are not (I think) using a trial.  I would very much like to know how exactly SINDA is not compatible with the latest Intel Fortran compiler. Do you have a contact or reference?

As for running an old version - the simplest is to install the version you buy, then you can download and install the older version. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/older-version-installation/

0 Kudos
Farzin_m_
Beginner

Dear Steve,

Is "Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition  2016 - Initial Release" compatible with "Visual Studio 2015Update 2"?

Tq.

0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III

Visual Studio 2015 update 2 was issued as a Release Candidate this month, so no released version of ifort would have been tested with it.  The initial release of ifort 2015 did not work with any version of VS2015, and the final 2015 release has been reported to work only with old versions of VS2015 (of which there have been several which appear no longer available).  You need ifort 2016 to work with current VS2015.

I think you confuse matters too much by hijacking a thread about Abaqus to discuss Sinda.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

As Tim says, we didn't test that combination, but I think it should work for Fortran. I know there is an issue for C++ related to Microsoft headers. If you have other questions not related to using Intel Fortran with Sinda, please start a new topic.

0 Kudos