Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

PS XE 2020 Update 2 issues

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Yesterday I attempted to install Intel (R) Parallel Studio XE 2020 Update 2 Cluster Edition for Windows with Microsoft Visual Studio Pro 2019. As it approached what appeared to be completion, the system hung and while I was busy on a conference call the system rebooted by itself. After reboot Microsoft Visual Studio would not launch. Upon investigation, the folders in the (x86) for MS VS 2019 were gone.

I reinstalled MS VS 2019 late yesterday and this morning I reinstalled Intel PS 2019u2 and this happened:

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1595680367080.png

Will try Close Program and see what happens...

Everything (at least IVF) seems to work.

None the less, this should not have happened.

BTW, the message for reboot for VTune did not show. Perhaps VTune did not change between U1 and U2.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Also found that VTune/Amplifier were not integrated (IVF would compile)

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Just did a re-boot in potential hopes that full integration of tools require reboot. But this did not affect the missing tools. Will attempt a re-install (hopefully it is a repair process).

Note, on boot, after just installing PS update 2, the Intel Software Manager notifies me to update???

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1595699779549.png

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I really don't know what the Intel Software Manager is looking at regarding updates. I just ignore it nowadays.

Please report these install issues at the Online Service Center. Posting them here will not get them attention.

0 Kudos
kolber__Michael
New Contributor I

I also got the same issues yesterday, now that I got the compiler to install correctly.

0 Kudos