Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

PSXE 2018 crash

dajum
Novice

I got this from the compiler:

sf_interfaces.f
010101_14291
catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
010101_14291
catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
ifort: error #10298: problem during post processing of parallel object compilation
compilation aborted for C:\sf61\proces\nnfc.f (code 1)
DOT.f
ifort: command line remark #10148: option '/Qopenmp-report2' not supported
010101_14291
ifort: error #10298: problem during post processing of parallel object compilation
compilation aborted for C:\sf61\proces\DOT.f (code 1)

I tried to figure out how/where to submit a Software Problem Report searching the website, but failed.  Can you provide a link?  Or is this the right place?  Maybe the message could be improved. 

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

In the forum's first page, click "Tech Support".  This takes you to https://software.intel.com/en-us/support/  Then click Online Service Center. On the next page, click Online Service Center (I don't care for this extra step.) That takes you to https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US where you can submit a ticket (Request Support). You'll have to sign in again, probably.  I recommend choosing the option to "Search for a product or service by name" and type in "Fortran".

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

It appears the website won't work correctly using Firefox.  I switched to IE and got farther.  But I didn't see your exact text of "Search for a product or service by name".  There was a search,  when I entered Fortran it came back with nothing found (wow you rate high in Intel search engines).  But did give a related seach for "Intel Fortran for Windows"(maybe I'm doing from memory).  But clicking that again returned nothing found.  I can get here https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/software.html  ; But the compilers seem to be missing.  Seems incredibly hard to navigate the intel website, so your help is appreciated.  I'd send a picture to help you help me, but my first screen shot doesn't meet the intel requirements on size for picture attachments.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

I managed to get a hold of Intel on the phone where they created a case number for me and promised an automated email that would contain a link to my case in 5-7 minutes.  It has been over an hour.  Calling back the phone number he gave me to ask about the case # results in a menu option that only includes hardware questions, which says hold the line and speak with a representative at the end.  Repeats twice and hangs up on me.  All I want to do is submit my Software Problem Report as requested by the compiler error message.  Why is this so hard to do?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

I can't get to that screen.  Maybe there is a problem with my account that I can't fix myself.  I've attached a .pdf that shows what I see.

0 Kudos
dajum
Novice

Note that from the page https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US it has a big blue section that says if you need more help "Contact Support" with a link.  That link is for the page you are on, nice infinite loop.  At this point I need some help with my account as it seems that it has problems.  But how do I get help with that? 

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

dajum wrote:

I can't get to that screen.  Maybe there is a problem with my account that I can't fix myself.  I've attached a .pdf that shows what I see.

dajum,

I am sorry you are having trouble with login. I will contact you via private message and help you with the account issue. I will also delete the attachment as it contains private info.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yeah, that self-referential link is unfortunate.

0 Kudos