Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

PSXE 2018 crash

dajum
Novice

I got this from the compiler:

sf_interfaces.f
010101_14291
catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
010101_14291
catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: internal abort** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
ifort: error #10298: problem during post processing of parallel object compilation
compilation aborted for C:\sf61\proces\nnfc.f (code 1)
DOT.f
ifort: command line remark #10148: option '/Qopenmp-report2' not supported
010101_14291
ifort: error #10298: problem during post processing of parallel object compilation
compilation aborted for C:\sf61\proces\DOT.f (code 1)

I tried to figure out how/where to submit a Software Problem Report searching the website, but failed.  Can you provide a link?  Or is this the right place?  Maybe the message could be improved. 

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

In the forum's first page, click "Tech Support".  This takes you to https://software.intel.com/en-us/support/  Then click Online Service Center. On the next page, click Online Service Center (I don't care for this extra step.) That takes you to https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US where you can submit a ticket (Request Support). You'll have to sign in again, probably.  I recommend choosing the option to "Search for a product or service by name" and type in "Fortran".

dajum
Novice

It appears the website won't work correctly using Firefox.  I switched to IE and got farther.  But I didn't see your exact text of "Search for a product or service by name".  There was a search,  when I entered Fortran it came back with nothing found (wow you rate high in Intel search engines).  But did give a related seach for "Intel Fortran for Windows"(maybe I'm doing from memory).  But clicking that again returned nothing found.  I can get here https://www-ssl.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/software.html  ; But the compilers seem to be missing.  Seems incredibly hard to navigate the intel website, so your help is appreciated.  I'd send a picture to help you help me, but my first screen shot doesn't meet the intel requirements on size for picture attachments.

dajum
Novice

I managed to get a hold of Intel on the phone where they created a case number for me and promised an automated email that would contain a link to my case in 5-7 minutes.  It has been over an hour.  Calling back the phone number he gave me to ask about the case # results in a menu option that only includes hardware questions, which says hold the line and speak with a representative at the end.  Repeats twice and hangs up on me.  All I want to do is submit my Software Problem Report as requested by the compiler error message.  Why is this so hard to do?

Steve_Lionel

dajum
Novice

I can't get to that screen.  Maybe there is a problem with my account that I can't fix myself.  I've attached a .pdf that shows what I see.

dajum
Novice

Note that from the page https://supporttickets.intel.com/?lang=en-US it has a big blue section that says if you need more help "Contact Support" with a link.  That link is for the page you are on, nice infinite loop.  At this point I need some help with my account as it seems that it has problems.  But how do I get help with that? 

Devorah_H_Intel

dajum wrote:

I can't get to that screen.  Maybe there is a problem with my account that I can't fix myself.  I've attached a .pdf that shows what I see.

dajum,

I am sorry you are having trouble with login. I will contact you via private message and help you with the account issue. I will also delete the attachment as it contains private info.

Steve_Lionel

Yeah, that self-referential link is unfortunate.