Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28383 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE 18 for x64 Installation problems!

Popova__Irina
Beginner
Hi all, I keep having troubles with x64 version of Intel Fortran compiler (Parallel Studio XE 18, and also with earlier versions). I used to work with win32 version all the time, and now I need a 64 version - but I keep getting runtime errors - that entry point for some procedure is missing (most frequently for "for_array_copy_out", or smth like this). I already reinstalled the intel compiler completely, and also made sure that I have C++ tools in the version of Visual Studio I use, but I still cannot run my programs with x64 version. I would appreaciate any help/advice!! Thanks! Irina
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Your PATH environment variable contains an entry for an older version of the run-time DLLs that is being found before the Intel installed ones. Remove it.

0 Kudos
Popova__Irina
Beginner

Hi Steve! Thanks for your reply!

I'm a bit unsure - which particular DLLs do I have to remove?

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You are looking for libifcoremd.dll that is in some location other than under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel or the folder where Intel Parallel Studio is installed. Sometimes installing a third-party product will add a folder with DLLs to the system PATH environment variable, and if it happens to do this with the Intel compiler DLLs you can run into this problem.

Search your PC for libifcoremd.dll and see what other copies are there. If you find some, look to see if other Intel DLLs are in the same place. Typically you want the ones only under C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Popova, Irina wrote:
I'm a bit unsure - which particular DLLs do I have to remove?

Please note that you remove the path to the DLL from the %PATH% environment variable. The DLL itself may be needed by some other program installed on your system; if so, deleting the file itself will may cause that program to stop working!

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

mecej4 wrote:

The DLL itself may be needed by some other program installed on your system; if so, deleting the file itself will cause that program to stop working!

I hope not! The latest DLL installed by Parallel Studio XE should work for any older program.

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

There was one instance recently where a newer version of a Parallel Studio DLL turned out not to be backward compatible, see https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-math-kernel-library/topic/784187 . To avoid such problems, the user could keep a back-up copy of the older libifcoremd.dll, use the newer DLL (by making its path occur in PATH earlier) and test that it works fine for a few days, following which the old DLL may be deleted.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Ah, yes - MKL. But I was referring to the Fortran DLLs which, to my knowledge, have never introduced an incompatibility, by design.

0 Kudos