Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Parallel Studio XE 2016 installed, Fotran compiler not working

Heather_R_
Beginner

I have downloaded MS Visual Studio 15 as required for Intel® Fortran Compiler 16.0 for Windows*, but I only see the following command prompt: IA-32 Visual Studio 2015.  I would like to figure out out to download/troubleshoot the install process so I have access to the standard command prompt using the Windows 7 - 64 bit machine.  When I tried to compile a program on the Intel Compiler 16.0 update 3 IA-32 Visual Studio 2015, I received the error: ERROR: Visual Studio 2015 is not found in the system.  'ifort' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimP
Honored Contributor III

There was an earlier discussion about which versions of VS2015 should work, specifying that some versions of VS Express still will not work, while Community would be the usual choice for those who qualify under Microsoft's terms. I think the qualifying versions will install both 32- and 64-bit support on a Windows X64 under their C++ option.

0 Kudos