Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26758 Discussions

Parallel Studio XE 2019 processor compatibility with Xeon Scalable W-2145

Glenn1
Beginner

Not sure if this is the right forum but...    I recently purchased a new computer system with Intel's Xeon W Scalable W-2145 processor. After installing XE 2019 Professional, the system consistently hangs on restart. Using a restore point just prior to XE 2019 installation, the system is stable. Having repeated this process a couple of times, I decided to only install the Fortran compiler but not the other components Inspector, Advisor, and Amplifier. The system restarts normally and consistently. This make me wonder if it is perhaps a compatibility issue with the processor and one or more of the other components. The release notes indicate Intel Xeon E5 & E7 family are recommended but I have not seen anything specifically mentioning incompatibility with the Xeon W family. Any helpful and informative thoughts?

Thank you!

System specs: Board: Supermicro Intel C422 C.C. X11SRA-F;  Processor: Xeon Scalable W-2145; Memory: 128GB DDR4-2666 ECC Registered

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Johannes_Rieke
New Contributor III

Hi Glenn, I've the same CPU type and chipset and have no issues. I doubt, that the CPU is the reason for your hangs. Might be your OS or UEFI version is the reason for the issue...

Glenn1
Beginner

Thanks. I should have mentioned that the OS is Windows 10 Enterprise. Not sure of UEFI version at present.

jimdempseyatthecove
Black Belt

I suspect the issue involves the service installed in support of VTune to provide hardware sampling.

Jim Dempsey