Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Parallel in IVF

Alireza_Namazi
Beginner
For do this
  • Full support of Intel multi-core processors and 64-bit architectures
  • Quadruple-precision floating point REAL(16) and COMPLEX(32)
  • Automatic parallelization
  • OpenMP* support
  • Advanced optimization for new Intel processor
Which books or refrence that be useful for me?
im beginner in parallel !
and how can i use multi core or multi system for fortran programs?
plese help me that where to begin start parallel language in fortran!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Welcome to the forum!

Your questions cover a wide range of topics. Current Intel Fortran does support all Intel multi-core processors and all Intel "x64" processors (and compatible processors from other manufacturers.) It supports quadruple precision REAL and COMPLEX types, though these operations are performed in software, not hardware.

I would suggest that you start with the Intel Fortran documentation with the sections under "Key Features". Here you will read about automatic parallelization, OpenMP and more. As far as advanced optimization goes, I suggest you start with the /QxHost option (in Visual Studio this is Fortran > Code Generation > Intel Processor-Specific Optimization > The processor performing the compilation. This will optimize for the processor you compile on. Also read about the Guided Automatic Parallelization feature that can give you hints for helping the compiler parallelize your program.
0 Kudos
Peter_Priestley
Beginner
For learning OpenMP, I recommend the book Using OpenMP by Barbara Chapman et al, MIT Press. You can find a reference to the book at http://openmp.org.

The book has both C and Fortran examples.
0 Kudos