Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

Possible bug in latest compiler 17.0.0.109

Ken2
Beginner

Programs compiled under the latest version when running in a windows subsystem in VS2013 Shell when exited by either the windows exit command from the drop down box or the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the window are still running in the background.  The windows close as if the program has exited, but when viewed in task manager are still running.  Exiting from within the programs works normally.

I noticed this during a rebuild after exiting with a click on the window  "X" that the link would fail.  Sure enough the program was still active when viewed in the process list. 

I tested this on several different programs with the same results.  On complier versions 15 and 16 the programs exited correctly.

Running with Windows 10 latest updates.  Also occurs on Windows 7 system.

0 Kudos
24 Replies
Ken2
Beginner

Checked Windows 10 machine on several program no errors, but Windows 7 unit still has the error.  It occurs on both 32 and 64 bit compiles.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I expect this to be fixed in Update 2 to Parallel Studio XE 2017. It is a run-time library issue related to protection of internal data structures on program termination.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Steve:

What is this about retirement -- you are not allowed to retire ever.

John

0 Kudos