Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28384 Discussions

Problem netCDF library: undefined symbol nf_inq_libvers_

JUAN_M_1
Beginner

hi, everyone

I´m trying to compile a netCDF library in linux, but it is not working. I don´t know what´s happening, I think is a compilation problem.

Someone can help me to solve this error "./CCTM_V5g_Linux3_x86_64ifort: symbol lookup error: ./CCTM_V5g_Linux3_x86_64ifor            t: undefined symbol: nf_inq_libvers_"

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

We'll need just a little bit more information.

I assume this message is coming out from the linking step, and that the name of your executable is CCTM_V5g_Linux3_x86_64ifort.

Are you linking against the netcdf library?   What does your netcdf.inc file look like?

The more info you can give, the more likely someone can help you.

--Lorri

0 Kudos
JUAN_M_1
Beginner

Hi Lorry 

Yes, I´m linking against a netcdf library for a training and the netcdf.inc file looks like "emissions.d04.inc".

Thanks for your comment.

Juan

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

JUAN M. wrote:

Yes, I´m linking against a netcdf library for a training and the netcdf.inc file looks like "emissions.d04.inc".

What do you mean by "for a training"? How did you obtain and install the NetCDF files? Are you trying to compile the NetCDF libraries from source, or are you using a pre-built distribution?

The statement netcdf.inc file looks like "emissions.d04.inc" is of no help. We have no information regarding emissions.d04.inc, and the file netcdf.inc is, presumably, created from the template file https://support.hdfgroup.org/ftp/HDF/HDF_Current/src/unpacked/mfhdf/fortran/netcdf.inc.in by some configuration/installation program. Please attach the file netcdf.inc in your reply.

It is insufficient for you to simply report some error message without also stating which command or actions that you took were the cause of that message being issued.

0 Kudos