Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Problem running Intel Fortran with IMSL

Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Hello, 

Could someone please help on an issue I have when running a Fortran program that uses IMSL?

I installed Fortran and IMSL on a PC. I followed the steps in installing Intel Visual Fortran Composer XE for windows, and then IMSL with the license file. I also configurate for use from Microsoft Visual Studio by adding the directory of IMSL to the Libraries and Includes. 

Now when I ran the program on this machine, I received the following error message: "The procedure entry point mkl_serv_set_progress_interface could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\VNI\imsl\fnl701\Intel64\lib\imslmkl_dll.dll."

The exact same program can be run at another machine. Any comments? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You will need to copy the named MKL DLL to the other system, probably in the same folder as your EXE. I am not aware that MKL has a redistributable installer. As an alternative, you can select an IMSL build that links to the static IMSL and MKL libraries.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You will need to copy the named MKL DLL to the other system, probably in the same folder as your EXE. I am not aware that MKL has a redistributable installer. As an alternative, you can select an IMSL build that links to the static IMSL and MKL libraries.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Dear Steve,

Thank you so much for your super quick reply and suggestion. 

Regarding your first solution, did you mean the following: Copy the imslmkl_dll.dll and imslmkl_dll.lib (located at C:\Program Files (x86)\VNI\imsl\fnl600\intel64\lib) from the computer that runs the program well to the computer (same directory) that just finished installation? 

Sorry I am not familiar with these topics so I would greatly appreciate if you could confirm my understanding. 

Best,

Jun

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

I copied the folder from one computer to the other one. It runs without any problem now.

Thanks again, Steve. 

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Li_Jun:

It appears that you have two versions of IMSL installed:

Version 7.01 at C:\Program Files (x86)\VNI\imsl\fnl701\...

and

Version 6.00 at C:\Program Files (x86)\VNI\imsl\fnl600\...

You may run into problems if you build using the libraries of one version and the EXE that you built finds DLLs from the other version. There is no reason to keep Version 6.00 of IMSL if you have Version 7.01, unless you work in a support role and have to support a mix of Version 6 and Version 7 users.

0 Kudos
Li__Jun
New Contributor I

Great catch. I did not even notice the difference. 

These two versions show up at two different computers, not one. But after I copied the dll files from the computer with 6.00 version to the computer with 7.01 version, the Fortran program runs perfectly fine. 

In any way, thank you for the comment. 

0 Kudos