Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem with build after reinstalling software

davidgraham
Beginner

My computer has been rebuilt and Visual Studio and Intel Visual Fortran reinstalled.

I have built a Visual Basic program on Visual Studio.

I have also built the main program in Visual Fortran.

I have now added a new menu item using ResEdit and when I build, as the resource file has changed, it builds all the components.

I am getting the error below.

Maybe there are some updates that need to add.  

Compiling with Intel(R) Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.0.0.104 [IA-32]...
ifort /nologo /debug:full /Od /I"\DavidG\Grade\GradeSource\grade\gcb" /I"\DavidG\Grade\GradeSource\grade\graphics" /I"\DavidG\Grade\GradeSource\grade\iface" /DXLITE /warn:declarations /warn:unused /warn:truncated_source /warn:interfaces /Qsave /module:"Debug/" /object:"Debug/" /Fd"Debug\vc100.pdb" /traceback /libs:static /threads /dbglibs /winapp /c /Qvc10 /Qlocation,link,"c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\\bin" "C:\DavidG\Grade\GradeSource\Grade\AirObsTypeAS.f90"

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
GEM_LO_GET_LOCATOR_INFO: zero locator value
C:\DavidG\Grade\GradeSource\Grade\AirObsTypeAS.f90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: abort signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report.  Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
compilation aborted for C:\DavidG\Grade\GradeSource\Grade\AirObsTypeAS.f90 (code 1)

Grade - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

The main point is that an internal compiler error occurred. Please provide the source file AirObsTypeAS.f90 (and any included files or module source files used).

You are using an old version of the compiler. If your license allows it, you may see if the problem has been fixed in a later version.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

If you can't use the latest version and you are willing to try other 12.0 compilers on your system, many 2011 updates (4 thru 13) with 12.x compilers are still available from the Intel Registration Center. It appears that update 6 included the first 12.1 compiler, so for the 12.0 compiler you have, you might try update 4 or 5, or pick the last update 13 with the 12.1 compiler to see whether there is a fix in these older versions. Of course, it is always best to upgrade to current supported version when you can.

0 Kudos
davidgraham
Beginner

Thanks, I installed version 2011.10.325 (this was the version I had used previously) and it now compiles.

0 Kudos
Kevin_D_Intel
Employee

Ok, glad to hear that.

0 Kudos