Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

Problem with integration into VS2017 and VS 2019

Ian_K_
New Contributor I

Last week after information of an available update 6 to version 19 of Intel FORTRAN.  After an apparently successful installation Visual Studio would not recognize my VFPROF files.  After checking online and following debug instruction I was able to use the integrate command to register 4 dll's and VS2017 now works (I have not tried VS2019 yet).  However, when I load VS2017 I receive an error warning (which I can apparently ignore at the moment with no consequences).  The activity log records this as

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) at Intel.CommonTools.CompilerReportProvider.UpdateCompilerToolWindows(EventKind event, Boolean showPane) at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.UpdateAnnotationTags() at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.OnLayoutChanged(Object sender, TextViewLayoutChangedEventArgs e) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.WindowsErrorReporting.WatsonReport.GetClrWatsonExceptionInfo(Exception exceptionObject)

I have two questions.

1   Any guesses on what probably happened during installation and will it happen again nest time I install.  I did find much later that a vfproj file was somehow hung up in my system

2 Any suggestions on what I need to do about the error message would be appreciated?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

My usual suggestion of an uninstall and reinstall generally clears up such issues.

0 Kudos