Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
26755 Discussions

Problem with integration into VS2017 and VS 2019

Ian_K_
Beginner

Last week after information of an available update 6 to version 19 of Intel FORTRAN.  After an apparently successful installation Visual Studio would not recognize my VFPROF files.  After checking online and following debug instruction I was able to use the integrate command to register 4 dll's and VS2017 now works (I have not tried VS2019 yet).  However, when I load VS2017 I receive an error warning (which I can apparently ignore at the moment with no consequences).  The activity log records this as

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070002) at Intel.CommonTools.CompilerReportProvider.UpdateCompilerToolWindows(EventKind event, Boolean showPane) at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.UpdateAnnotationTags() at Intel.CommonTools.Annotations.AnnotationFactory.OnLayoutChanged(Object sender, TextViewLayoutChangedEventArgs e) at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Text.Utilities.GuardedOperations.RaiseEvent[TArgs](Object sender, EventHandler`1 eventHandlers, TArgs args) --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Telemetry.WindowsErrorReporting.WatsonReport.GetClrWatsonExceptionInfo(Exception exceptionObject)

I have two questions.

1   Any guesses on what probably happened during installation and will it happen again nest time I install.  I did find much later that a vfproj file was somehow hung up in my system

2 Any suggestions on what I need to do about the error message would be appreciated?

Thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Steve_Lionel
Black Belt Retired Employee

My usual suggestion of an uninstall and reinstall generally clears up such issues.