Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Problem with resource files

davidgraham
Beginner

I wanted to change a control in a dialog I had not changed for sometime.

Since moving to IVF & Visual Studio I have been using ResEdit to edit my dialogs.

With this program I could not edit the dialog in ResEdit, therefore in IVF & Visual Studio I created a new resource and created the dialog the same as before.

When I run it I it appears as if the controls are mixed up, i.e. a button has the caption that the program is assigning to a text box.

I have a new resource.h file that looks correct, but I have an old resource.fd file.

My program incudes the lines 'include resource.fd'.

I assume the solution is to generate a new resource.fd file - how do I do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ah - see https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/535386 (Designing a Dialog Box Overview) for info on getting the deftofd tool run on your .h file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

If you qualify, and many do, try installing Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition and the reinstalling Intel Parallel Studio XE. You'll then have the Visual Studio resource editor available.

0 Kudos
davidgraham
Beginner

I do have the Visual Studio resource editor available - this is what I have used to recreate the dialog - the resource.h & resource.fd appear to be out of step. Is there not a simple solution?

If necessary I could try to install Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition - but I'm worried that I then find myself with more problems.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Ah - see https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/535386 (Designing a Dialog Box Overview) for info on getting the deftofd tool run on your .h file.

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

I have the same problem on some projects and ended up manually editing the .fd file to have the same content as the .h file, just copy the added lines in the .h file, paste it in the .fd file and fix the format. Cumbersome but works fine.

0 Kudos
davidgraham
Beginner

Steve,

Thanks, I followed the instructions and it works fine.

0 Kudos