Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

Problems compiling programs with windows command line

Ricardo_A_
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am trying to compile a simple hello world fortran code with Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016 from the command line in windows 7 64 bits.

The object is created but I can't get an .exe file as I always get an error about the link.exe

I cannot have Visual Studio installed in my machine, so I need to compile from the command line or another free IDE.

What can I do. I haven't any experience with intel compiler.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III

It requires the link.exe and C++ support libraries from Visual Studio, Visual Studio Shell which comes with versions of PSXE other than student or evaluation, or possibly some Microsoft SDK (a moving target?).  In a fully supported installation with VS or VS Shell, ifort will find link.exe.  If you have a compatible link.exe which is not found automatically, -Qlocation,link option must be set to point to the folder containing link.exe.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

You could install the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 8.1. This will provide the necessary tools and libraries for command line use only. See https://software.intel.com/en-us/vs2013shell-windowssdk for a link and instructions (you can ignore the part about VS2013 Shell if you want.)

0 Kudos