Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Querying interface of a procedure in a DLL

Jacob_Williams
New Contributor I

I suspect the answer to my question is No (it's that kind of day), but it doesn't hurt to ask... Is it in any way possible to test whether a procedure in a DLL has a certain interface? I'm using LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress/C_F_PROCPOINTER to access a procedure from a dynamically loaded DLL (see Intel's DynamicLoad example). However, it would be great if I could verify in some way that the procedure I'm loading actually has the correct interface. It seems like I just have to hope for the best. Any ideas?

EDIT: I realize I could manually examine a particular DLL, but what I'm after is a way for my program to do this internally. In my case, these are DLL's that my users are writing and loading themselves, so I want to issue a helpful warning message if they did something wrong (other than the program just crashing).

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Arjen_Markus
Honored Contributor I

As far as I know: no, there is no way you can do that. I think that is what type libraries were invented for and sundry other mechanisms.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

There is no information regarding interface stored in the DLL.

0 Kudos