Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

QuickWin Error

Neels
New Contributor II

I suddenly get the following error when compiling and running a QuickWin program:

I have no idea what it means. Please help!

Neels

0 Kudos
12 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Not a lot to go on there.... What are the compiler versions? Have you tried running in debugger? You really need to establish what call in your code lead to the crash and check out the data that is being used on the call as a first line of attack. 

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Andrew,

Thanks for looking at this. More info:

1. Compiler 17.1

2. Win7 64bit

3. Even before it starting in the debugger it gives this error. So I assumed it is in the QWin startup but have really no clue.

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Many years ago, in the DVF5.0D Steve Lionel answered the question for someone else as:

This error occurs if you try to use the QuickWin libraries from a
Console application.  My guess is that you used Developer Studio to
create a "Win32 Console Application" and then added the QuickWin
libraries.  The correct method is to create a "QuickWin or Standard
Graphics" project (and then you'll get the QuickWin libraries
automatically.)

The software was created in DVF6.0 about 18 years ago. All I can think is something went wrong with the QuickWin part of the project.

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

Do a full build and post a build log and that should answer some of the questions on setup.

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Build log renamed to .txt.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I also found that long-ago answer, but I think this case is different. Monday I'll see if I can identify the particular place in the code that gives this error to see if I can get a hint. If I recall from the distant past, an "internal error" can also result from trying to create a QuickWin window that is "too large". Can you tell us what line of code is being executed when this error occurs?

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Steve,

The error message appears before the software starts running in the debugger. It also gives this error:

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Can you share your project so we can try it ourselves? Use Intel Premier Support if you don't want to attach a ZIP here.

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

I found what causes the error but why it suddenly does so now I do not know. In

Logical(4) FUNCTION INITIALSETTINGS ()

I had this line:

Res    = DISPLAYCURSOR($GCURSORON)

Commenting it out resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

DISPLAYCURSOR isn't the sort of thing you should do in INITIALSETTINGS - that's for controlling the appearance of the frame window. DISPLAYCURSOR affects the active window, which there isn't one during INITIALSETTINGS.

0 Kudos
Neels
New Contributor II

Steve,

In hindsight it was stupid of me but some sort of error message that gives a clue to a non-programmer would have been helpful.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I'll pass that on to the developers.

0 Kudos