Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!

Recognizing new license

DavidWhite
Black Belt

How do I get my latest license recognized by IVF?

I tried doing a repair of the existing install, but was not prompted for the license/activation.

Is there a simple way, or do I need to do a complete reinstall?

Thanks,

David

0 Kudos
3 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

Have a look the intel software manager, you can do some stuff in there.

mecej4
Black Belt

The system environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE should evaluate to a valid directory, within which a valid license file should be available. If not, depending on how your installation was performed, you may need to log into the Intel Registration Center and download a new license file, which should be placed in that directory.

andrew_4619
Honored Contributor I

mecej4 wrote:
The system environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE should evaluate to a valid directory, within which a valid license file should be available. If not, depending on how your installation was performed, you may need to log into the Intel Registration Center and download a new license file, which should be placed in that directory.

Irrespective of that a new licence often needs to be activated (validated online) before it will work the first time. However they seem to keep changing things in this respect....