Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28385 Discussions

Redistributable Libraries for Fortran 2019

RAS
Beginner
I am developing a commercial program, which includes in the prerequisites:
Intel(R) Visual Fortran Redistributables on Intel(R) 64 (ww_ifort_redist_intel64_2019.5.281.msi).  The installer can be downloaded for free using this link:

I was wondering if we need Intel permission to use this package in the next cases:
1. Automatically download the installer of the redistributable (MSI) during the installation of our program.
2. Pack in our installer the installer of the redistributable and launch the installation automatically (To generate an installation without internet connection).
3. Pack in our installer the DLLs of the  redistributable that we need (To generate a silent installation).

I found here the End User License Agreements for Intel products:
https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/articles/end-user-license-agreement.html#inpage-nav-5. However, I do not know what kind of license applies in my case (ifort_redist_intel64_2019).

Somebody can help me with this please?...

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes to all of those, though I recommend using the newer oneAPI redistributables instead. See my reply in the other recent thread for more information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Yes to all of those, though I recommend using the newer oneAPI redistributables instead. See my reply in the other recent thread for more information.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I recommend against packing the DLLs separately, though - this often creates problems when end users are also using the Intel compilers or some other executable that uses the Intel DLLs. If you place them in the same folder as your EXE and don't add that folder to PATH, you'll avoid most of the problems, but using the installer or MSI is preferable. Whatever you do, DON'T copy these DLLs into the Windows or Windows System folder!

0 Kudos