Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28445 Discussions

Release date for Intel Parallel Studio XE - version 2021, Initial Release ?

jirina
New Contributor I

Hello,

I wonder whether the release date for IPS XE, version 2021, is known and can be found somewhere.

I am currently using version 2020, Update 4, built on Oct 15, 2020, so it's been already 4 months since this release.

Previous releases were built on Jul 2, 2020 and Apr 1, 2020, and on Dec 3, 2019.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ron_Green

There will be no more Parallel Studio releases.  Intel has moved to packaging compilers in the oneAPI Base Toolkit and oneAPI HPC Toolkit.  SEE THIS WEBINAR

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ron_Green

There will be no more Parallel Studio releases.  Intel has moved to packaging compilers in the oneAPI Base Toolkit and oneAPI HPC Toolkit.  SEE THIS WEBINAR

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Ronald,

For those of use with Parallel Studio subscriptions, with the Intel new update notifications inform us of a new update being available (with the oneAPI naming convention)?

I've been waiting for an update from Parallel Studio XE 2020 update4 which has a broken integration with MS VS 2019 for the Intel C++. My (cumbersome) work around is

1) open the IDE for edits
2) use a command line window for builds
3) to debug, launch the app from the command line (with program containing equivalent of PAUSE)
4) In MS VS use Debug | Attach to process
5) then debug as usual

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
jirina
New Contributor I

Thank you, I know about oneAPI, but I had no idea that it is a replacement for Parallel Studio.

0 Kudos