Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Selecting which intel compiler to use based on current project

awa5114
Beginner

I have several projects which I am working on and both Intel Fortran 2013 and Intel Fortran 2016 installed. The one project uses Fortran 2013 while the other uses Fortran 2016. I do not wish to update the first project to be compatible with Fortran 2016 because the other contributors to this project are all using 2013. I still need 2016 though for the second project.

How do I control which Fortran version is compiling my code from within Visual Studio? Is this possible or easy to do? Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Other readers and/or Intel staff might be able to provide further details, especially if there is a way to make the Intel Fortran compiler version selection specific to a project.

But in Visual Studio, you should be able to go to Toots -> Options -> Intel Compilers and Tools -> Visual Fortran -> Compilers and look at the (two) tab(s) on the right, for Win32 and/or x64 and see/change from the drop-down menu to the right of Selected Compiler.

0 Kudos
Joachim_Herb
Beginner
For Visual Studio 2013 (shell) the used Intel Fortran Compiler is store in the registry at the key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\12.0\Intel Fortran\VFToolOpt\180\SelectedCompilers (perhaps you have to change the path to the last installed ifort compiler version supporting VS2013). For Visual Studio 2017, you have to look for its "private" registry file, see: https://stackoverflow.com/a/41122603 In that registry file, this key is used: HKEY_USERS\VS2017PrivateRegistry\Software\Microsoft\VisualStudio\15.0_210b149e\Intel Fortran\VFToolOpt\180\SelectedCompilers (again, possibly look for a different ifort version string)
0 Kudos