Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Should I report this ICE again?

sknobat
Beginner

Hi

While waiting for validated version of XE for IMSL, I started to compile one of my legacy codes(without IMSL)with XE version.What I get is the following ICE. A quick search in the forums shows that this ICE has been previously reported. I was wondering whether I should report it again or not?

This is acommerciallegacy code which can be compiled withpre-XE versions (11.1family). I'vetried to reproduce the problem, in a down-sized version of the code,but it never happens in the same place (or itdoesn'thappen at all).

SKNobat

1>Compiling with Intel Visual Fortran Compiler XE 12.0.1.127 [IA-32]...
1>tumble.f90
1>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
1>Please contact the application's support team for more information.
1>GEM_LO_GET_LOCATOR_INFO: zero locator value
1>C:\\Codes\\HQSIMEX4.0_triv25_classic\\PPV\\tumble.f90: catastrophic error: **Internal compiler error: abort signal raised** Please report this error along with the circumstances in which it occurred in a Software Problem Report. Note: File and line given may not be explicit cause of this error.
1>compilation aborted for C:\\Codes\\HQSIMEX4.0_triv25_classic\\PPV\\tumble.f90 (code 1)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
There may be many different causes of an ICE or even one with this message. Please report it.
0 Kudos
sknobat
Beginner
Thank you Steve
I have difficulty to nail down the ICE. It is like a moving target. First I generated the smallest subset of the solution for reproducing the ICE (a small static library). I compiled it with Check Routine Interfaces/warn:Interfaces. The ICE is produced (reported in my previous post). Then I disabledCheck Routine Interfaces (No), the ICE wasdisappeared. Then again I activatedCheck Routine Interfaces/warn:Interfaces. This time the project compiled fine. I really don't know how to nail it down. I will attach the project in a separate private post (itis a part of a commercial legacy code and not freely available). I don't know if this can help you to reproduce the ICE while/warn:Interfaces is activated.
Thank you again
SKNobat
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ok, thanks. I'll take a look as soon as I can.
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Sorry for the delay. I can reproduce the error in 12.0 Update 1 but not in 12.0 Update 2. Please install Update 2 and try the build again. If you still have problems, let me know.
0 Kudos
sknobat
Beginner

Thank you for looking into this. Unfortunately, I am one of those unlucky clients who use IMSL (professional edition). As per your advice in this forum I downloaded an evaluation version of XE and installed it using my actual license, I obtained one update in 30-days trial period (update 1). At this moment, I do not have access to update 2 of XE (30-days trial is finished).

Please also note I had to drop the use of Co-Array Fortran in few projects and re-insert OpenMP/MPI because of unavailability of Co-Array Fortran in IMSL version (our QA staff dont permit the use of unavailable features in an official release)

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ok. Eventually the IMSL version will get released...
0 Kudos