Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Steve Lionel reaches the huge half million points milestone – thank you, Dr. Fortran!

Dmitry_Oganezov__Int

500,000 points... that is a TON of points. IDZ community mastermind Steve Lionel, commonly known as Dr. FORTRAN, has reached that mark!

What does a half of a million Black Belt points look like? It’s about 20 thousand answers on forum questions plus hundreds of blog posts and articles on top of that. I’ve just checked some historical data and it turns out that Steve has published one of his first posts in this particular forum almost 13 years ago. That’s impressive, is it not? As for the blog, you can find his first, self-introduction post on IDZ (actually ISN those days) here: The Doctor is IN! and it was submitted about seven years ago!

We all know Steve mostly by his short but meaningful & helpful posts. In case you wonder how does Steve look & sound, here is a video for you: A Check Up with Dr. Fortran.

There are many ways to stay in touch nowadays. I think the best way to stay in touch with Steve is to be a proud member of his FORTRAN community. But it’s not the only way:

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you, Steve, for your remarkable contribution to the IDZ! Congratulations on this outstanding achievement!

--Dmitry O. Intel® Black Belt Software Developer Program Manager

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Paul_S_Intel3
Employee

The doctor is in the house indeed!   Congratulations Steve on your mind-boggling achievement.  I am proud to work with folks as committed to their colleagues and customers as you.

0 Kudos
William_P_Intel1
Employee

The Intel Developer Zone community has some amazing contributors.  Steve is clearly among them.  Congrats Steve on this wonderful milestone.

0 Kudos
Monika_L_Intel
Employee

wow - that´s amazing Steve and thank you so much for your continuous contribution and enriching the Intel community!  

0 Kudos
Slim_S_Intel
Employee

Congratulations Steve for being the first Black Belt to reach this amazing number of points: 500,000! A lot of contribution and knowledge sharing behind that number! Congrats again!

0 Kudos
Ponny_L_Intel
Employee

Congratulations~ Steve.  it's really a big effort on IDZ content contribution~ Bravo~

0 Kudos
rase
New Contributor I

Thanks a lot, Steve, for your continuing efforts to help the Fortran enthusiasts in this forum. Your knowlege and your contributions are always appreciated by everyone in the community. Keep on going, we esteem you and your advice very much.

0 Kudos
Gael_H_Intel

Wow.  Congrats Doctor Fortran!  You are my hero.

0 Kudos
OP1
New Contributor II

Congrats to you Steve indeed, your expertise is not only very deeply appreciated, but the manner in which you engage the forum participants is exemplary as well.
The short video was fun. Yes, more coarrays please :)

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

Surely Steve merits at least a cigar?

"I might call him / A thing divine, for nothing natural / I ever saw so noble."

0 Kudos
karthikbecse
Beginner

Congratulations sir

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Thank you all. I must admit that when I saw Dmitry's post come so soon after I crossed over the magic count (that I was unaware of), I thought of this - so Anthony, here's that cigar.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

Way to go Steve!

Let's hope the odometer doesn't rollover after 999999.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Abhishek81
Novice

Congratulations...

0 Kudos
Anthony_Richards
New Contributor I

..and the secret word tonite is ..???

0 Kudos
Dmitry_Oganezov__Int

Steve, I was pressing F5 to refresh the page since 8am yesterday :)

Could someone explain me the cigar joke?

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Dmitry - see here.

The secret word is "polymorphism".

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Hi Steve, Congratulations and I wish you all the best! Best regards, Sergey
0 Kudos
onkelhotte
New Contributor II

Congratulations!

Your help, advise and of course your deep understanding of Fortran is such a valueable resource for anybody who is looking here often or infrequently.

Keep up the good work!

Markus

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

By the time he reads this reply, Dr. Fortran may well have turned nineteen (219 = 524288; by a natural coincidence, this is Reply 19 in this thread), and in recognition of that I propose that we should from now on call him by a different title: Sir Fortran? Rev. Fortran? 

Congratulations, Steve, and I look forward to reading the next half-million posts from you!

0 Kudos
FortranFan
Honored Contributor II

Thank you, Steve, for all your help and advice - simply invaluable!

0 Kudos