Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

$(TargetExt) cannot be overriden in "configuration properties -> General -> Target Extension" as its field is greyed

pascal_M_
Beginner

I tried this with update 5 of ps xe 2018 and update 3 of ps xe 2019.

I created a fortran dll project in visual studio 2017 last update, and in "configuration properties -> General -> Target Extension" the $(TargetExt) cannot be overriden as its field is greyed. (See attached window-shot.)

Is this normal ? (This not the usual behavior in visual studio, say for a c++ dll project.)

0 Kudos
1 Solution
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The target extension is set by the project type when you set it up it is dll/exe/lib etc I don't see anyway of changing it. Do from your other thread I think you want to make a dll but give it some  custom extension for matlab? I would guess an automatic  post-build step to rename or copy-rename would fix that.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

The target extension is set by the project type when you set it up it is dll/exe/lib etc I don't see anyway of changing it. Do from your other thread I think you want to make a dll but give it some  custom extension for matlab? I would guess an automatic  post-build step to rename or copy-rename would fix that.

0 Kudos
pascal_M_
Beginner

Ok, so it is indeed proper to the intel fortran integration for visual studio, thx for having confirmed it.

As I suggested in the other thread, of post build copy event does indeed the job.

0 Kudos