Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Trouble with naming a module

Navdeep_Rana
Beginner

I have a stupid problem, and most probably I have messed something up but hear me out.

I have a module of form

module linear_stability
    real(kind=8), pointer :: curl_p1
end module linear_stability

Which when I try to use in a programme spits out

error #7013: This module file was not generated by any release of this compiler.
error #6404: This name does not have a type, and must have an explicit type.   [CURL_P1]

Similarly openmpi-gfortran throws

Error: Symbol 'curl_p1' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type

However if I change the module name to linear_stability1 or something else, it compiles without any errors.

I have not defined the module or used linear_stability name anywhere else and I don't think any such module exists anywhere on my system. I am clueless as why it is happening.

Ideas people?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Juergen_R_R
Valued Contributor I

I think you do not give enough information here. Does the error appear when compiling the module above, or does it appear when compiling your main program which includes this module? I would suspect the latter. And then I am pretty sure that there is somewhere a linear_stability.mod lying around.

0 Kudos
Navdeep_Rana
Beginner

The error appears later, while compiling the main. Found it. As you said there was a .mod file lying around!

It was generated by a linting plugin for vim. I was being stupid.

0 Kudos