Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Unresolved External Symbol

Blane_J_
New Contributor I

Hi !  In the test file attarched, compiling process was successful but the linker gave an error message:

error LNK2019: Unresolved external symbol TEST1_mp_SUB1 referenced in function TEST2_mp_SUB2

It may be an derived-type inheritance issue which I'm confused of, thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

You don't say what version you're using; can I assume 18.0Update1?

We had an unfortunate bug where we were generating incorrect 'external name' requests, and I think your program ran afoul of it.

This has been fixed in the sources that will be part of 18.0 Update 2, which is coming out soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience --

--Lorri

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lorri_M_Intel
Employee

You don't say what version you're using; can I assume 18.0Update1?

We had an unfortunate bug where we were generating incorrect 'external name' requests, and I think your program ran afoul of it.

This has been fixed in the sources that will be part of 18.0 Update 2, which is coming out soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience --

--Lorri

0 Kudos
Blane_J_
New Contributor I

Thanks Lorri, sorry for not mention the compiler version, 18.0 Update 1 it is.

0 Kudos
Pelle_R_
Beginner

Hi Lorri - Good to hear that 18.0 Update 2 is coming soon. Can you be more specific?

I can't overstate how dissatisfied and disappointed we are with the quality of recent ifort releases (for example, the regressions regarding ICEs when using parameters in v17.0.x and submodules being completely screwed up in different ways (!) in v18.0.0 and v18.0.1).

0 Kudos