Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Update 6 will not complete the install

GWats1
New Contributor I

I've got Intel Parallel Studio XE 2017 and ISM says Update 6 is available. I got our LAN police to grant me rights to my PC so I can install. I've hit the Update button 4 times today and the package seems to download but the Install never finishes. The blue box pops up and some XML stull seems to be doing something, and at one point it asks if I want to make changes and I say yes, then the ISM box is still there so I figure I'll hit the Update button again. The download goes again and the process repeats. At one point I got an error message that the Installation aborted: Failed to extract config files. I figured this was because I have downloaded them 4 times.

I'm not sure if I can disable the anti-virus on this corporate PC. I've tried to paste a screen shot of the ISM box.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Look in the bottom left of the ISM "Downloads" tab for the location where it is downloading. Open that folder and see if the installer is there. If it is, run it from there. If not, log in to the Intel Registration Center and do the download yourself. You may want to try the "Online Installer".

If your license is current you can install Parallel Studio XE 2018.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Look in the bottom left of the ISM "Downloads" tab for the location where it is downloading. Open that folder and see if the installer is there. If it is, run it from there. If not, log in to the Intel Registration Center and do the download yourself. You may want to try the "Online Installer".

If your license is current you can install Parallel Studio XE 2018.

0 Kudos
GWats1
New Contributor I

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. I did D/L Parallel Studio XE 2018 and it installed fine. I only dabble in Fortran once in a while and I think I remembered how to kick off a project after reading the Getting Started notes. I have MS Visual Studio 2013 and I clicked on that and brought up my last project. I'm assuming since I installed XE 2018, the VS 2013 is using the newer XE 2018.

On my XE 2017, there was a Launch VS2013 selection in the menu. After installing XE 2018, it is not in a sub-folder but it is in its own folder down in my list from when I originally installed it. I'll try to post a screen shot.

BTW; I see you are listed as retired from Intel. I hope you are enjoying retirement but I also hope you don't retire from helping on the Fortran forums. :)

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I don't mind answering questions - it's why I'm still participating.

You're right that the shortcut for starting VS has been removed, but it never made much sense to me anyway. You should have a separate entry for Visual Studio 2013 under "V" - use that. I generally copy a shortcut to my desktop and don't use the menus.

0 Kudos
GWats1
New Contributor I

Hi Steve;

Got busy and forgot to come back and reply. Yes, I do have the Visual Studio 2013 down in my list and have pinned it to the task bar or the menu or somewhere that I can find it. It looks like I am up and running, although I don't get to do much Fortran lately. I do need to find the time to change my routine a little and/or add a dialog box to get some user input.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Glad to hear it. Start a new thread here if you need help in the future.

0 Kudos