Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

VS2019 Integration added to today's PSXE Composer Edition 2019 Update 4

Ron_Green

Today's release of Intel® Parallel Studio XE Composer Edition for Fortran Windows* 2019 Update 4 adds support for Integration into Microsoft* Visual Studio* 2019

I'd like to call attention to one known issue that we will address in a future update for the VS2019 Integration:

Visual Studio 2019 Uninstall leaves components installed:  This error affects re-integration into Visual Studio 2019 ONLY.  The Uninstall function for Intel Fortran for Windows Integrations Into Visual Studio 2019 does not completely uninstall the Integrations into Visual Studio 2019.  Some components are left installed.  This can cause an error if you uninstall Intel Fortran for Windows version 2019 Update 4 and then try to re-install 2019 Update 4 – the subsequent installation into Visual Studio 2019 will fail with an error message and leave you unable to re-install the compiler into Visual Studio 2019.  This error does not affect other versions of Visual Studio, only Visual Studio 2019.  We will fix this issue in a future compiler release.  The future release will check for existing components and replace them without the crash.

Release Notes can be found HERE

0 Kudos
6 Replies
abdelfatah__elsayed

Hi Ronald,

I installed VS2019 and then installed intel parallel studio 2019 update 4. However, the Fortran compiler is not recognized. Could you please, guide me through this problem? 

0 Kudos
DavidWhite
Valued Contributor II

Ronald,

Link to release notes in your post simply reload this topic.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I fixed the link, thanks David

0 Kudos
zia__asad
Beginner

DEAr Ronald,

How you get it fix. As I am facing the same problem as u was facing. Can you help. I ma not finding the Fortron Language in the Language bar? Secondly I do not know know that how to connect both the VS2019 and then installed intel parallel studio 2019 update 4

0 Kudos
Zenkar__Matthew
Beginner

Are there any plans to ship a Visual Studio 2019 shell with the most recent versions of PSXE?

Sorry for replying to an old thread, however, this seems the most appropriate place for this post.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Gao__Kang
Beginner

Hi abdelfatah,

You can ref my figure. The visual studio 2019 can detect the integrated Fortran compiler. The icons with capital F on right-up corner represent the Fortran files. I hope it can help you.

abdelfatah, elsayed wrote:

Hi Ronald,

I installed VS2019 and then installed intel parallel studio 2019 update 4. However, the Fortran compiler is not recognized. Could you please, guide me through this problem? 

0 Kudos