Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

Visual Studio 2022

alanassembly
Beginner

Hi all. I have tried IFORT with visual Studio 2019 and I like it, it works well. I would like to know if you are going to extend the functionality to Visual Studio 2022, and how can I verify that. Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

Look for the Intel compilers to support Visual Studio 2022 in calendar year 2022.

0 Kudos
alanassembly
Beginner

Where can I see the calendar? - Or better yet, how can I know if there are updates to openAPI?

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

Intel always announce the latest update on this forum. You will see a post in the pinned posts.  

You just have to wait.  

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Besides the pinned post, if you registered when you downloaded a oneAPI component or toolkit, you should get an email announcing the release. I'll be adding it to What's New in the Fortran Release Notes when VS2022 is supported, too.

0 Kudos
JohnNichols
Valued Contributor III

It would be nice if the old updater program for Intel was updated for ONEAPI. 

Barbara_P_Intel

Did you see the announcement this week? VS2022 is now supported with the Intel compilers in the oneAPI 2022.1 release.

0 Kudos
仁义_许_
Beginner

Where is the announcement?

Now, can you integrate oneAPI 2022.1 to VS2022?

I think integrating to VS is the work of the oneAPI instead of VS

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

oneAPI 2022.1 is now integrated with VS2022. Yes, Intel does the integration.

The announcement was posted on this forum on December 21, 2021.  It's also in the release notes.

stephj
Beginner

Thanks. I have just installed the oneAPI and HPC kits under a new installation of VS2022 on a laptop that has since upgraded itself to Windows 11.

The Intel HPC Fortran compiler works a treat. Well done to the team involved.

0 Kudos
Barbara_P_Intel

Great!  I passed your comments along to the compiler team.

0 Kudos