Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28382 Discussions

Visual Studio compiler integration

wkramer
Beginner

Hello,

I have installed Intel Visual Fortran Compiler Integration for Microsoft Visual Studio* .NET 2003, 11.0.3453.2003.
However, I don't see any of the new and changed Visual Studio* integration features mentioned in the release notes for version 11.0.072.

I know that support for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 will be removed in a future release of the product, but I
expected that itto function for version 11.

My operating system is MS Windows XP home, SP 3
And the developer environment is:
Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 69459-005-7473167-18548
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003 Service Pack 1 (KB918007)

Is there a solution for this issue?

Regards,

Walter Kramer

0 Kudos
6 Replies
wkramer
Beginner
I used the repair feature of setup.exe, and now the features are available.

Except "In Help > About, information on the installed Intel Fortran Compiler package identification (version) is provided"

But I don't care about that.

Regards,

Walter Kramer
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Try running the attached program.
0 Kudos
wkramer
Beginner
Try running the attached program.
Hello Steve,

I ran the the program, but I still don't see the compiler version information in help/about.
I do encounter another more serious problem after upgrading from version 10 to 11, involving unresolved external symbols in a program thatran without a problem in the past. So I think I will first completely removeIDE and compiler and try to reinstall everything to see if that helps.

Regards,

Walter Kramer
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Ok. If you still have problems after that, let us know and be sure to provide details on the problem. (Attaching a build log from the Debug or Release folder is best.)
0 Kudos
wkramer
Beginner
Reinstallation solved the problem with building the program. Compiler package information can be found under Tools>Options>Intel Visual Fortran>Compilers, not under Help>About.

Thanks

Walter Kramer
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Quoting - wkramer
Reinstallation solved the problem with building the program. Compiler package information can be found under Tools>Options>Intel Visual Fortran>Compilers, not under Help>About.
That's not quite true. The version of the compiler you installed is under Help > About. What's in the Tools menu is a way to select among the different versions of the Intel compiler that you may have installed.
0 Kudos