Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

WRF compilation error

Fernandez__Arturo

Hello,
I was able to download and successfully install Intel oneAPI. Much of what I have tried has worked pretty well thus far. However, I'm unable to compile WRF with the provided Fortran compiler as I keep getting the following message:

************************** W A R N I N G ************************************
There are some Fortran 2003 features in WRF that your compiler does not recognize
The IEEE signaling call has been removed.  That may not be enough.
There are some Fortran 2003 features in WRF that your compiler does not recognize
The routines that utilize ISO_C support have been stubbed out.
That may not be enough.
The standard FLUSH routine has been stubbed out.
That may not be enough.
There are some Fortran 2008 features in WRF that your compiler does not recognize
The intrinsic gamma function is not available, required by some schemes.
That code is stubbbed out, and those schemes are unavailable at run-time.

Even though these messages sound like warnings, the compilation falls through immediately after them. You would think the compiler would support all of these features so it's unclear what is the problem.
Thanks.      

0 Kudos
9 Replies
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

What compiler version are you using?

0 Kudos
Fernandez__Arturo

The compilers included with IntelOneAPI are v19.1(20200117).

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

All of those features should be supported - for some reason the script is not seeing that.

0 Kudos
Fernandez__Arturo

Agreed. I haven't had issues with other software so it's unclear what is triggering this behavior.  

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Are you specifically using the OneAPI compiler? It might be that its invocation is just different enough to confuse the WRF script. Since you have that script, you should be able to trace its logic and see what it doesn't like.

0 Kudos
Fernandez__Arturo

I'm new to WRF and today was my 1st attempt at compilation. I just followed the two-step process where you specify the compilers during the configuration and then ran the compilation script. I'll heed your advise but it might not be easy to figure out how they set up the compilation for such a complex code. If I don't make progress on my own, I'll post in their forum. At least, it's good to know that the compiler should work. Thanks.    

0 Kudos
Leiva__Jorge
Beginner

Hi Fernando,

Have you do compile the WRF successfully? , I need help with that because I have the same error when I try to compile the program.

Can you help me, please?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Leiva__Jorge
Beginner

Fernandez, Arturo wrote:

I'm new to WRF and today was my 1st attempt at compilation. I just followed the two-step process where you specify the compilers during the configuration and then ran the compilation script. I'll heed your advise but it might not be easy to figure out how they set up the compilation for such a complex code. If I don't make progress on my own, I'll post in their forum. At least, it's good to know that the compiler should work. Thanks.    

Hi Fernando,

Have do you compile the WRF?, I have the same problem that you.

0 Kudos
Leiva__Jorge
Beginner

Hi Arturo,

Yes, but someone did it. It was a problem with the intel installation because it is necessary to install in a module way. 

jorgeleiva wrote:

Quote:

Fernandez, Arturo wrote:

Hi Fernando,

Have do you compile the WRF?, I have the same problem that you.

0 Kudos