Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

Website documentation poorly designed

jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

From MS VS

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1636032627421.png

It is now neigh impossible to locate the Fortran language reference.

Jim Dempsey

5 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

The above link leads to:

jimdempseyatthecove_0-1636033305188.png

That link leads to a top-level document that is difficult (haven't found it yet) to locate the Fortran compiler reference.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
avinashs
New Contributor I

I agree that the link, which was temporarily not working but ultimately fixed, is now completely changed since it is no longer Fortran specific. I was able to access the Fortran documentation at

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/fortran-compiler-oneapi-dev-guide-and-reference/top.html

0 Kudos
DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

Every time Intel overhauls its website, it takes a few weeks to months for search engines to identify Fortran pages and rank the importance of the pages to show on search engines. I concur that it has become incrementally more difficult to find the Fortran-related documentation pages of Intel. Much of it happening over the 2-3 years or so.

0 Kudos
Devorah_H_Intel

Your feedback is much appreciated - I am looking into this issue. 

DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

With all the existing points of improvement, I think the entire community, including me, appreciates very much your continuous improvement efforts and recognizes the high quality of the products of the Intel Fortran compiler team.

0 Kudos