Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

What does OS deprecation mean?

Nathan_K_
Beginner

Similar to:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-visual-fortran-compiler-for-windows/topic/804884

Support for several operating systems is deprecated in  Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 2. When support for an OS goes away, what does the lack of support mean?

For example, if my application is compiled using Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 2 on a supported OS, will the application run when installed on a Windows 7 system? Will there be potential issue with the Fortran runtime libraries on the Windows 7 system?

Or does the lack of support mean that I may not be able to build/compile my application using Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2019 Update 2 in a development environment that is on a deprecated OS?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Deprecation here is about installation of the product only. Your applications can run as far back as XP. Installation of redistributables should not be an issue.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

This may mean you might not be able to install, or after installation, run, or after installation have integration into an older version of Microsoft Visual Studio..

I suspect that you will (I too will) continue to use Windows 7, and earlier versions of MS VS (17.nn). However, should problem develop that is related to the O/S or MS VS, then do not expect support.

My Windows 7 x64 Pro has been the most stable computer I've owned in the last 42 years. I do not relish migrating to a newer version of Windows that may force me into a subscription form of licensing. This will undoubtedly result in the O/S and tools continuously updating...
When I think of a system automatically fixing something, I think back of how this often results in something similar to when I had my dog fixed... i.e. things stop working.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Deprecation here is about installation of the product only. Your applications can run as far back as XP. Installation of redistributables should not be an issue.

0 Kudos