Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

What happened to the Fortran Forum?

John_G_8
Beginner

I haven't gotten any updates regarding Fortran for almost a month. I usually got several a day. What happened?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Barbara_P_Intel

The two Intel Fortran Forums, one for Windows and the other for Linux and macOS, were recently consolidated.  If you want to be notified when there's something new, you need to Subscribe again. Go to landing page for the Fortran Forum and click Subscribe to This Forum.

No threads were lost in the merge. 

0 Kudos
DataScientist
Valued Contributor I

I used to see lively discussions in response to my questions on the Intel Fortran forums. But, I have not seen that energy anymore over the past month, possibly because people don't get the notifications anymore. I even get private responses to my questions now, because some people cannot log in or use the new forum, for some unknown reason.

This merging should have been done more professionally and with more prior notice. or at least, Intel should have automatically resubscribed everyone to the new list.

0 Kudos
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I agree with A. King's point about maintaining thread subscriptions during any merge or movement of the threads. I suspect that if you track your forum's activity, all threads, that you will observe a significant drop in traffic. Not only does this do a disservice to the forum users, the drop in activity may misdirect management in decisions about running this forum.

Jim Dempsey

0 Kudos
Bowman__Eric
Novice

I have tried posting topics but they do not appear. Does this have to do with the forum change? 

I am brand new and these are my first posts. 

Eric

0 Kudos