Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28446 Discussions

What is the part number of Intel Fortran Compiler for Windows.

denvend
Beginner

Dears,

Would you please provide me with the P/N of Intel Fortran Compiler for Windows.

Thanks.

Harris 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

There isn't one. It's a free download as part of the oneAPI HPC Toolkit.

Intel no longer sells the compiler - it's free for everyone. You can pay for support if you want.

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

If you want a Support Contract, you want that for the "HPC Toolkit" which is the package containing Intel Fortran.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/tools/oneapi/support.html#gs.tdh9z2

0 Kudos
JNichols
New Contributor I

The id number is w_oneapi_2022.0.3.226, wihich I take to mean as 

w == no idea at all seems to come from left field

oneapi == the new name for very old software, like when you get married and suddenly you have to remember your wife is Ms. Nichols and not Miss Smith. 

2022 == most likely the year unless Intel are playing games, of course if we were following some old traditions it would be yr 2 in the Biden Pres. 

0 == no idea - just a false flag to confuse us

3 the release in the year, actually the .3 is available it just has not been announced well.  I would avoid it if you are trying an update, it has been two days of hell and a clean windows install to get it working.  

226, the internal version number - 

I hope this is the number you are looking for. 

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

If you've ever seen the old Monty Python skit "Confuse a Cat" you'll know how we choose versioning here.

w, l, m = pretty obvious.

2022 major version

0 minor version OF COMPILER.  NOT of oneapi, which is .1.  Confusing?  <replay Confuse a Cat at this juncture> 

.226 - yep, build number, internal thing from our packaging folks. 

So oneapi is 2022.1, our compiler inside that started at 2022.0 because WE believe Gold release should be .0, update 1 == .1, update 2 == .2 etc.  Why did oneAPI bundles start at .1?  <replay Confuse a Cat at this juncture> 

Anyone familiar with our products have just given up on our versioning.  Classic compilers are 2021.<update>  

<replay Confuse a Cat at this juncture> 

cheers

0 Kudos