Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28456 Discussions

When Am I Ever Going to be Able to Download?

blamm
Beginner
I have tried for the past THREE DAYS to download IVF 9.0 030 and each and every time the download stops and never recovers. This is extremely frustrating and nothing new when downloading from Intel. What gives, and when is Intel going to improve?
Brian Lamm
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Brian,

Sorry to hear that you've been having problems, though I haven't seen other complaints about this lately and we're getting a lot of successful downloads. I'd encourage you to report such issues to Intel Premier Support so that they can be investigated.
0 Kudos
blamm
Beginner
Thanks Steve, I'll do that and also contact my cable company. -Brian
0 Kudos
wkramer
Beginner

You are certainly not the only one who has troubles downloading from premier support. In the past I have been able to use downloadmanagers to speed up downloads, but downloadmanagers now fail to get more than 1 connection. I wish you good luck (and a lot of patience) trying to get this solved through premier support.

Walter Kramer

0 Kudos
Intel_C_Intel
Employee
Hello,
There is a program called "reget" that can be used to download large files over the internet. This program tends to use all available bandwitdth in your internet connection (reduces download time!) and also manages to startup again if the internet connection is broken or the the PC is being closed down, without starting all over again.
Hope this helps,
Lars Petter
0 Kudos