Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

XE2017 with 15.0

Michael8
Beginner

Hello:

Sorry if this question has already been asked, or covered somewhere, but I'm not finding the information offhand.  I have Windows 10, Visual Studio 2015, and the XE 2017 (17.0) compiler.  I would like to also install (side-by-side) the 15.0 (update 4) version of the compiler.  Is that possible?  I have the w_fcompxe_2015.4.221.exe file, but that installation file seems to just hang, and then bomb out, with no specific error messages.

So I'm first wondering if it's possible to have the 2 versions installed together.  And, if so, I'm wondering how to do it, given that I already have 17.0 installed and working.

Thanks.
Michael

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III
0 Kudos
Michael8
Beginner

Yes, thank you.  Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did come across that page.  That does seem to indicate that I should be able to have 17.0 and 15.0 running side-by-side.  Correct?  (I may be missing something in my interpretation of what I'm reading on that page).  But I'm still not sure why the installation didn't work right.

Perhaps the part I missed is about deleting the "Intel Fortan" subfolder.  I'll look at that more carefully.

Thanks.
Michael

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

I would not expect the install to fail, but if you can't work it out, uninstall both versions, delete the Intel Fortran folder, and then install 15 first, then 17.

0 Kudos