Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

XE2019 License Question

garylscott1
Beginner

I upgraded from XE2017 to XE2019 last December.  The license number I received from the Intel email was identical to the XE2017 license number.  When I open the software manager, it shows updates for the XE2017 product not the XE2019 product.  Did I receive the wrong license number?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

No, but I agree that Intel's current implementation of this in the Software Manager is confusing and deficient.  It does the same thing for me. More important for you is the Downloads tab that tells you if your software is current.

0 Kudos
garylscott1
Beginner

Ok, I just didn't want to download an update that says its for XE2017 and have it downgrade me...:(

0 Kudos
garylscott1
Beginner

Ok, I see now.  Sorry, I'm going senile.  I really think though that the upgrade should use a unique key.  That would be less confusing.  I've been keeping up with the updates, I'm not sure why I didn't notice this before unless there just weren't any XE2017 updates showing up in my list.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

Intel used to issue new keys for upgrades, then changed to a system where all you needed to do was "refresh" the license (button on the Licenses tab.) I can't comment on senility, but I think that the Software Manager could be significantly improved.

0 Kudos
garylscott1
Beginner

I did do a refresh, but it still indicates that the license is for XE2017.  I guess it should indicate both XE2017 and XE2019 as it appears to list download files for both XE2017 and XE2019.  Anyway, I've updated to update 5 successfully.   Thanks

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

The refresh would be used after you purchase a renewal so as to store the updated license on your system. It doesn't change the product year listed.

0 Kudos