Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

Xilink.exe stops working error

Building my project in VS2015 Update 1 using PSXE2015 update 6 it crashes with the windows error boxes. What do I do when I get this?  It doesn't give any sort of diagnostic so it isn't clear.  I can't send in the project. Nothing in the build log other than PRJ0019

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted

What compiler options are you using? Is this only one project or is anything doing it? If you are not using /Qipo a workaround is to replace xilink.exe in the Fortran bin\ia32 or bin\intel64 folder with link.exe from VS2015's VC\bin or VC\bin\amd64 folder.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Here is the command line generated:  We set /Qnoipo  I'll try the replacement.

/OUT:"x64\Debug\astap_16.dll" /VERBOSE /INCREMENTAL:NO /NOLOGO /LIBPATH:"..\DLLs_x64" /MANIFEST /MANIFESTFILE:"x64\Debug\astap_16.dll.intermediate.manifest" /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" /DEBUG /PDB:"C:\sf60.git\astap\x64\Debug\astap_16.pdb" /MAP /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS /STACK:1200000000 /IMPLIB:"C:\sf60.git\astap\x64\Debug\astap_16.lib" /DLL /qnoipo  "..\TempWorkspace16\x64\procesvs10_16\Debug\procesvs10_16.lib" "..\ProcessModulesDll\x64\Debug\ProcessModulesDll_16.lib" "..\x64\Debug\ProcessorCGlobals_16.lib" ""..\TempWorkspace16\x64\utilityCur_16\Debug\utilityCur_16.lib"  "tdsubproc.lib" "statwin.lib" "sfmatlab.lib" "LVCompartment.lib" "SaveSetWriter.lib" "multicalc16.lib" "..\SamgDll\samgDll\x64\Debug\SamgDll_16.lib" /section:.data,RWS "x64\Debug\astap.obj" "C:\sf60.git\TempWorkspace16\x64\procesvs10_16\Debug\procesvs10_16.lib" "C:\sf60.git\ProcessModulesDll\x64\Debug\ProcessModulesDll_16.lib" "C:\sf60.git\TempWorkspace16\x64\utilityCur_16\Debug\utilityCur_16.lib" "C:\sf60.git\SamgDll\SamgDll\x64\Debug\SamgDll_16.lib"
]
Creating command line "Link @"C:\sf60.git\astap\x64\Debug\RSP1.rsp""

astap_16 : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

astap_16 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Replacing with link.exe gives the strange error:

1>------ Build started: Project: astap_16, Configuration: Debug x64 ------
1>Linking...
1>LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/qnoipo'; ignored
1>Starting pass 1
1>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '.obj'

Is there a line length limit that is causing it to truncate the input?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

/Qnoipo is not a supported option and certainly the Microsoft linker doesn't know it. The proper spelling of that on Windows would be /Qipo- but that's the default. It's ok to have the linker ignore that.

The real problem seems to be that "x64\[]" - where did that [] come from? That should be the name of an object file. You may want to check your project settings. Can you upload a ZIP of the .vfproj file? I don't need to see the sources.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Well I only checked a box in VS for no IPO.  Are the flags it chooses to output under my control?  The VS form says /qnoipo in the comments. 

I don't see a [] in my text, or on the screen or anywhere.  Attaching the .vfproj file.

Thanks for looking.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

Nevermind.  a "" at the beginning of a file name.  Not that I think the linker should crash on that, but it was my typo.

0 Kudos