Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

attempting to compile using CVB v6.6 project file

Ron2
Beginner

Hello, 

I am new to Visual Studio, and a novice user for CVB. However, I have well documented code that reportedly compiles fine on compaq visual basic v6.6. I have successfully installed Visual Studio 2013 (and 2015) as well as the necessary Intel Parallel Studio XE 2016. When I try to compile the code, i get this error: 

warning MSB8018: No outputs specified for item "myCode.f90". Its custom build command will be skipped.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ron2
Beginner

Update: I have since discovered a project conversion option that seems to work. 

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

Please read https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/migrating-from-compaq-visual-fortran for helpful information.

0 Kudos
Paul_Curtis
Valued Contributor I

I found (long time ago) that the project conversion utility from CVF to IVF did not engage the IVF dependency checker, so multi-module projects required manual selection of files to determine the correct compilation order which would allow the multi-module build to complete.  The solution to that problem was to delete all source files from the project and then re-select the same files manually for inclusion in the project (which is easy since source items can be selected in bulk), whereupon the dependency checker started working.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

I haven't seen that. The dependency checker shouldn't need "engaging", but I have seen cases where a recreation of the project was necessary to get it to work right. It may be that deleting the hidden .suo file is sufficient.

0 Kudos