Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

compilervars.sh failure

Vaughn
Beginner

Actually, it's not the compiler.  I'm just upgrading my Fortran compiler to the 2020 upgrade 1 on my Linux machine and the install.sh did its thing successfully, but I can't seem to get compilervars.sh to run to completion. All I see is: 

bash: /opt/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2020/linux/bin/compilervars.sh: line 115: syntax error near unexpected token `('

bash: /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh: line 115: ` local arr=(`echo ${!arg} | sed 's/:/\n/g'`)'

What am I doing wrong?

-- Vaughn

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ron_Green

you are sourcing it, and passing it's required argument of 'intel64' or 'ia32'?

source <path>/compilervars.sh intel64

0 Kudos
Vaughn
Beginner

Yes, my command line reads compilervars.sh intel64.  I'm sorry I did not say that explicitly.

-- Vaughn

0 Kudos
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

Running the script directly accomplishes nothing. You have to use the command (replace "<path>" by the path for your installation)

source <path>compilervars.sh

Without "source" followed by a space added as a prefix, the script will run and terminate, and the environment that it sets up will be in effect only while the script is running. The "source"+space prefix is needed to have the environment persist in the shell that you are running even after the script terminates.

0 Kudos
Vaughn
Beginner

what I meant was my cmd line was

$ source /opt/intel/bin/compilervars.sh intel64

0 Kudos