Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

compiling ARPACK

arthur_amarra
Beginner
Hi, I'm trying to compile ARPACK on linux with the ifort compiler.

After modifying the makefile to use ifort, it successfully creates a file libarpack_linux.a using GNU ar and ranlib.

However, when I try to link it with my application I get "undefined references" error (like to subroutine`dnaupd_', which is clearly in ARPACK). Here's my link command:

ifort $FSRC -L/home/arthur/SIMILAR-vcs/src/ -static-intel -lmkl_solver -lmkl_lapack -lmkl_ia32 -lguide -larpack_linux -I/home/arthur/SIMILAR-vcs/src/ -o SIMILAR-linux

where $FSRC are my *.o files and libarpack_linux.a resides in /home/arthur/SIMILAR-vcs/src (which is specified by the -L switch).

I've been searching up and down for any clues, but have found none, advice would be much appreciated.

regards,
Arthur
0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Extensive discussions about ARPACK not being compilable with any standard C++ compiler don't constitute a clue?
0 Kudos
arthur_amarra
Beginner
Sorry, you were right - it is an ARPACK issue, not ifort. Unfortunately I did not come across it on my searching, but thank you very much for the heads-up.

cheers,
Arthur
0 Kudos
TimP
Honored Contributor III
Note that there have been previous posts on Intel forums about ARPACK Fortran source compilation. There was an f77 version of ARPACK about 10 years ago, and an f90 version more recently. Either of those (compiled with the same Fortran you intend to use) would seem more promising than a separately compiled version in an extinct C++ dialect.
0 Kudos