Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

dialog controls

rande22
Beginner

i am new to the Intel Visual Fortran developer system, and have no local support help for

my problems, which I am trying to resolve one step at a time.  I have been able to compile

and link my legacy Fortran program, but now have a new problem.  when trying to run the

executable, a small widow appears with -

TODO:  Place dialog controls here.

I have no clue what this means.

- RonA

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

A "legacy Fortran program" should not be trying to display a dialog. My guess is that you selected the "Windowing Application" project type when what you wanted was "Windows Console Application". Create a new project of that type (choose "empty project", add your source file to it, ad it should work better.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mecej4
Honored Contributor III

I suspect that the programmer who wrote the code (which you have not shown us) was tired, and put in "TODO" as a placeholder to which (s)he could come back to when starting the next session. Look in the source code for that string, and replace it with whatever is appropriate.

0 Kudos
rande22
Beginner

found the text.  it is in a VS-created file ib507p2.rc which is supposed to be the

set of resources used by the program.  full text is included.

0 Kudos
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

A "legacy Fortran program" should not be trying to display a dialog. My guess is that you selected the "Windowing Application" project type when what you wanted was "Windows Console Application". Create a new project of that type (choose "empty project", add your source file to it, ad it should work better.

0 Kudos
rande22
Beginner

Choosing a different Empty Project type was the answer.

Thank you, Mr. Lionel

0 Kudos