Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28455 Discussions

error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file [module name]

lingai
Novice
I was using the visual studio parallel version 2011 with intel compiler to compile my code by the command: ifort mymain.f90 /heap-arrays /Qmkl:parallel solver*.obj preconds*.obj It works well and generates executable files.

But now I changed my workstation, I have to try using visual studio 2022 community version with the Intel oneAPI HPC toolkit.

ifort mymain.f90 /heap-arrays /module:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\latest\include\intel64\ilp64" /4I8 -I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\oneAPI\mkl\latest\include" solver*.obj preconds*.obj

Above is the command. I have the main code, mymain.f90, and two subfolders including some *.obj files. In my main code, I have three modules to define the variables. When I compile it, I have errors with each of the modules: error #7001: Error in creating the compiled module file [module name]

I'm quite new with the compiler commands, I used Intel® oneAPI Math Kernel Library Link Line Advisor to generate the Compiler options. I was wondering if anyone knows what's wrong with my commands or some related settings?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I suspect that the cause is a module file that is to be created (but fails) is due to the module output folder being a system folder (write protected folder). IOW you are outputting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\...".

Your modules should never be written to a system folder.

Jim Dempsey

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jimdempseyatthecove
Honored Contributor III

I suspect that the cause is a module file that is to be created (but fails) is due to the module output folder being a system folder (write protected folder). IOW you are outputting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\...".

Your modules should never be written to a system folder.

Jim Dempsey

lingai
Novice

you are right, I know how to do it, thank you so much

0 Kudos
Ron_Green

I hope that is the problem. But ...

the HPC Toolkit does NOT provide MKL.  did you download the oneAPI MKL separately, or are you using your older MKL installation?

MKL is in oneAPI Base Toolkit or you can install it by itself simply using THIS article.

0 Kudos
lingai
Novice
thank you. I installed both base and HPC toolkit. Jim is right on that, the problem is with the module folder name.