Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.
28381 Discussions

error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code

lu__yang
Beginner

Hello all,

when i build the solution of code form code, it will show this error but does not show error when i compile in the local drive.

does anybody have the same situlation?

Really appreciate for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You need to look at the buildlog.htm to see what it was doing at the time. I don't understand what you mean by "code form code" or "compile in the local drive".Usually this message comes when Visual Studio is running the manifest tool (mt.exe), which tries to write to an EXE. Some antivirus programs block this behavior and prevent mt.exe from working. If this is the case, see if you can tell your antivirus tool to not do real-time scanning of your build directories.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steve_Lionel
Honored Contributor III

You need to look at the buildlog.htm to see what it was doing at the time. I don't understand what you mean by "code form code" or "compile in the local drive".Usually this message comes when Visual Studio is running the manifest tool (mt.exe), which tries to write to an EXE. Some antivirus programs block this behavior and prevent mt.exe from working. If this is the case, see if you can tell your antivirus tool to not do real-time scanning of your build directories.

0 Kudos
lu__yang
Beginner

Hi Steve,

I just check the BuildLog which shows the following:

'C:\Users\acyb468\OneDrive" "-" "City' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. grid : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code grid - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

I think i run it in my university OneDrive which has the name OneDrive - City, University of London. This name is not recognized by Visual Studio. Do you know how could I run the program in OneDrive. Because I want to have access to this case from different PC.

thank you!

0 Kudos
andrew_4619
Honored Contributor II

I have found problems working on onedrive folders because when you do a build the files change and then onedrive tries to syncronise them. VS then fails to add the manifest because the file is temporarily locked or the other option is onedrive throws a sync error. 

0 Kudos
lu__yang
Beginner

andrew_4619 wrote:

I have found problems working on onedrive folders because when you do a build the files change and then onedrive tries to syncronise them. VS then fails to add the manifest because the file is temporarily locked or the other option is onedrive throws a sync error. 

Thanks for your reply. Do you know how could we access and edit the synchronized code in different PC?

0 Kudos