Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

error in compiling fortran static library

chen_y_3
Beginner

Hi,

I just got these error messages during compiling a Fortran static library with Inter Fortran for virtual studio 2015.

Creating library...
1>xilib: error #10037: could not find 'lib'
1>Lib: error spawn_errno_default: spawn('D:\PROGRA~1\INTELS~1\COMPIL~1\windows\bin\ia32\xilink.exe') failed, errno=0

could anyone help with these??

I am using parallel_studio_xe_2016_update3

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

When you installed VS2015, did you select a Custom install and check the box for C++ language support? That is required. If not, do a "Change" on VS2015 and add that. If you did, please show all the output from the command prompt session, including anything displayed when the window first opens. I assume you are using one of the compiler command prompt shortcuts under Intel Parallel Studio XE 20xx in the Start Menu.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

My guess is that you don't have Microsoft Visual Studio tools properly installed. It can't find the Microsoft LIB utility. Which version of Visual Studio do you have? Did it work before Update 3?

0 Kudos
chen_y_3
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

My guess is that you don't have Microsoft Visual Studio tools properly installed. It can't find the Microsoft LIB utility. Which version of Visual Studio do you have? Did it work before Update 3?

My VS version is Microsoft visual studio enterprise 2015, 14.0.25123.00 update 2,

I have reinstalled the VS twice, still dosen't work.

0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee

When you installed VS2015, did you select a Custom install and check the box for C++ language support? That is required. If not, do a "Change" on VS2015 and add that. If you did, please show all the output from the command prompt session, including anything displayed when the window first opens. I assume you are using one of the compiler command prompt shortcuts under Intel Parallel Studio XE 20xx in the Start Menu.

0 Kudos
chen_y_3
Beginner

Steve Lionel (Intel) wrote:

Thanks a lot, it finally works after doing so.

0 Kudos