Intel® Fortran Compiler
Build applications that can scale for the future with optimized code designed for Intel® Xeon® and compatible processors.

ifort 13.0.1.119 and xcode 4.5 symbol navigator not working

Rene_S_1
Beginner

Hi,

I am using xcode 4.5 and ifort 13.0.1.119 and for the most part things work just fine out of the box. I do have a problem with the symbol navigator not really showing any of the fortran function names, symbols, etc... 

The question I have is.  Is this just a non supported feature or am I missing a config options somewhere that tells Xcode to parse through my source code and genereate the links to the symbols, functions, classes, etc so that I can navigate through them by clicking on them in the symbol navigator.

Thanks in advance.

Rene

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
It's a non-supported function. We call Xcode support a "limited feature" because we need Apple's help to provide better Fortran integration into Xcode and we have not received it. We hate this as much as you do. The build system doesn't know about modules and we can't integrate the Intel debugger, which knows Fortran, into the environment.
0 Kudos
Rene_S_1
Beginner
Thanks for the quick reply. Ok got it. I tried eclipse as well but that did not have support for intel fortran either at least I could not get it to work. Aside from emacs or vi can you suggest any other IDE for intel fortran? Thanks Rene
0 Kudos
Steven_L_Intel1
Employee
Eclipse with the Photran "Fortran Development Tool" should at least let you develop Fortran apps, but I don't know what kind of code browsing features it has. There's also CodeBlocks for Fortran (http://darmar.vgtu.lt/), but it doesn't have prebuilt binaries for OS X. We do offer this sort of support under Visual Studio on Windows, but I am sure that's not an acceptable solution to you!
0 Kudos
Rene_S_1
Beginner
Ok. thanks. I tried Photran and could not get it to to load or find the Intel fortran for Mac toolchain so I give up. Back to what I know works emacs. I should have never wandered outside of emacs ;-) Thanks again for all the help. Rene
0 Kudos